The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) is partnering with The Walt Disney Company to improve access to outdoor play — including trails, mobile play, play spaces and sports. The Meet Me at the Park program and provide additional communities with increased access to play spaces in local parks for children and families across the U.S. As part of this program, park and recreation agencies in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. Territories will be invited to share their best ideas on increasing access to play spaces for children and families. Agencies with the most innovative and impactful project ideas will receive grants to build their projects.
- Be a local or state government park and recreation agency, (e.g., municipal park and recreation department, tribal recreation department, park district, etc.)
- Provide opportunities for community engagement and volunteerism in association with the project.
- Promote the project locally through its own communication channels and on social media.
- Administer surveys and collect data from at least 25 people at the project site once the project is completed.
- At least four of the selected grantees will be required to conduct a more in-depth evaluation. Tools and training will be provided to selected grantees.
Applications are due by 11:59PM ET on Friday, June 23, 2017.
Dr Pepper Snapple & KaBOOM! have teamed up to offer $15,000 grants to be used toward the purchase of playground equipment. Grantees will lead their community through a self-guided planning process, using the $15,000 grant towards the total cost of playground equipment and assembling the playground using the KaBOOM! community-build model. Grantees have up to one year to build the playground and will have the support of a remote KaBOOM!
- Apply today! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year so be sure to submit an application pro-actively.
- Applications will be reviewed when complete. If eligible, all applicants will be contacted by email of eligibility and instructions for next steps.
- Funding Application Deadlines
- Cycle 3: August 4
Municipalities, schools, and child-serving nonprofit organizations without a playground or with existing equipment that is unsafe for children are eligible for this opportunity.